Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My third term as publisher

I ran for publisher on the platform many hands make light work. My mission is to lighten and spread the work and thus lighten the load on each volunteer and to make the work more manageable. I hope to do this by creating a more distributed workflow and documenting that workflow. That is my first focus. For me improving quality is secondary to that task. I hope to have it down to the point that two or three people can be laying out the newsletter even though some of those people will be novices. I plan to layout no more than four issues myself this year.

In the end we may be able to achieve better quality, but the workload has to be manageable. Otherwise we may not have a newsletter to improve. In the meantime, I do not want to introduce any new steps to the production process unless the intent of them is to ease production.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: