Monday, April 11, 2005

Tierra Bella 2005 Coverage

Me as a reporter
Saturday was our club's annual Tierra Bella Century Ride. This is also our biggest fund raiser and is generally a huge deal in our bicycle club. Jim Chaskin and I went out as a reporter-photographer team to cover the event for our club's newsletter. The event was a huge hit!

Sunday was a hectic and not a good day. In the middle of the day I decided to try to take a break from the work I was doing and went for a bike ride. On my way up Kennedy I fell and scraped up my knee pretty bad. Then this morning I fell again on my scooter. That was not nearly as bad as falling on my bike yesterday was. I had a heavy and padded leather jacket on. The jacket absorbed the impact. As far as the accident on my bicycle is concerned, I learned how important it is to check the quick releases often. The rear release had worked loose. I am lucky my wheel did not come off!

No comments: